Thursday, March 24, 2011

Getting Excited!!

So I've hit the 38 week mark and at my Dr. appointment yesterday I'm 2 centimeter dilated!! Yikes!! Reality is setting in and this baby is coming! I'm so excited and nervous and could hardly sleep last night. Kept having dreams of dilating some more and baby coming. Not to mention my pillow barricade that I have built around me when I sleep that I constantly have to readjust every time I roll over. My cat has taken it upon her self to sleep on top of it all. I think she knows I'm pregnant she has been way more clingy especially at night when I sleep. Practically on top of me and not at the end of the bed where she usually sleeps. We have all our baby stuff set up. The baby's bed is right next to my side of the bed and is all made and ready for her arrival. Right now it has tinfoil all in it to discourage the cat from sleeping in there...which I caught her doing once (hence the tinfoil and water bottle now stationed there too). But aside from just getting the car seat loaded in the car and a few items to throw in my packed bag lets get the show on the road!

Aside from all the baby stuff I spend most evenings relaxing at home after work. Chris got me a sewing machine for Christmas and I've finally broken open the box. I made some rice bags (for delivery) to break in the machine and make sure I still know how to thread the machine & bobbin and get all the tensions set up correctly. Took some time getting re-acquainted but it was like riding a bike. All came back to me while I was tinkering around with it. I'm currently working on a quilt for the baby. I have all the squares cut and pinned and now just need to get them sewed. Grandma is going to have a nice sewing project to work on when she comes to visit if I'm not done with it soon. Which I have to say I'm super excited to have my mom in town for a week in April!! Yay!!!

So that's it for us right now....waiting in anticipation for baby's arrival :) Keep us in your thoughts and prayers for a safe, healthy, and quick delivery!

2 comments:

susanna said...

praying and so excited with you!!!

SeƱorita said...

Oh my goodness!! Can not believe that it is almost time... Or, maybe she is already here!! Please, let us know ;) Love you and praying for you!!

http://ladyonaroof.blogspot.com/