Thursday, February 24, 2011

43 days and counting!

We are getting down to the end!! Excited, nervous, scared all rolled into one. We just finished up our 3 part birth class. Which was so much fun! We had a class of 22 couples and one amped up RN. She was hysterical and really broke down the entire birth/hospital process going over everything that can happen. Our last class was fun doing breathing techniques and teaching all the dad's different massage techniques to use during contractions. I feel a lot better about labor & delivery after that class. Still nervous about it but I at least have some idea of the process and what might happen.

I've been cleaning and trying to organize the house like crazy. I need Chris to move a lot more heavy furniture and go through his giant shoe collection :). Still trying to figure out a dresser/shelves for all the baby cloths. Not sure what I'm going to do yet. I need to hit up some more stores. I have a baby shower this weekend with a group of my girlfriends. I'm so excited about. Then I can let my shopping begin. My work bought us our car seat! Which is a huge blessing. All the big expensive stuff has been stressing me out and I've been squirreling money away to cover some of the necessities. Through it all God keeps showing me that he has us in his hands. May not be the way I think it will be but there is more to the story than I know. I've gone from a stress ball to more relaxed in trusting in someone greater than me!

Oh and new addition to the Moody family. Sofia Elizabeth made her appearance on Tuesday! Mom and baby are doing great! Luke comes home from Afghanistan March 15th for his R & R. He can't wait to see his new little one. She is beautiful with tons of black hair. I can't wait to meet her too! So many new baby girls in the Moody family this year!

Many blessings to you all....hope to write some more before baby comes!!

2 comments:

SeƱorita said...

Joanna!! I can not believe how quickly time goes by. I will be praying for you and Chris and your baby girl...
Keep posting!!

http://ladyonaroof.blogspot.com/

susanna said...

yay!!!!!