Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Geography Quiz

So to pass the time at my oh so boring day job I've been taking on-line geography quizzes...I know nerd!! I have always had this love of geography and knowing where things are...I swear I have a map brain. All to be most strategic in getting to and fro...and never go back the same way you came. Well any way one of my most recent highlights is I applied to take my Foreign Service exam. What is that? Well its a exam that the US state department gives to qualify you to work in US embassies around the world. It is something I have wanted to do for a long time now. I applied online and got the invite for the exam which will be on June 10Th! I'm excited and now that I'm taking it...kind of not sure if its something I really want to do but its in that direction. Its kind of like I aim for one thing and will bounce to the next but the initial aim got me closer to the place I want to be :) Anyway I'm happy to be taking it and giving it a shot. Just the feeling like I'm setting out to do something I've wanted to do is a good feeling. So for the next month I'm packing in as many geography quizzes, memorization of all the amendments and constitution, and lots of current events. :)

1 comment:

susanna said...

wow jo! it's great having something to look forward to....i don't know about a test..ugh...makes me nervous...have fun though! i'm proud of ya!