Saturday, September 13, 2008
Change
Its funny life's changes...there are the little day to day changes of new apt, new clothes, new friends, new procedures at work etc.. then there are those monumental changes like leaving home for college, graduation, moving cross country for your 1st job, moving cross country again for your 2nd job......MARRIAGE. I don't think you can ever prepare yourself enough for any sort of change. I compare change to hurling myself off of a cliff. It comes down to well am I gonna do it or am I not!! There have been some cliff moments that I have walked away from knowing...well...yeah, not this time...and there are others that the leap was o so enticing and I did the jump but did crash into the trees and rocks along the way. Left with some bumps and bruises and the feeling like; well that was a bumpy ride....maybe I should put a little more thought into that next time...hahaha...all in all. Life is a bumpy journey full of lots of risks, bumps, bruises, tears, joys, and sorrows. And I have to say and I know this will sound sappy but one of the things I saw in Chris was I knew in the core of my being that this is someone I can do life with and want to do life's journey with and want to learn life with. awwwww Yeah I know I'm puking. :) Our lives just seemed to flow together and getting married and starting our life just flowed so naturally that when I do sit back and look at it ...I'm shocked. Its hard to explain but it just goes....and now I'm going through the process of changing my name, my life, my status, all my credit cards. I have a new last name! I'm still shocked every time I have to give it to someone...not use to this. I'm under a whole new name! And not use to using the word husband...its so weird to me. So I just call him Chris...and I think through all the terms...husband, partner, significant other....hmmm wow do I really have a husband!! I still feel like a single girl at times. All in all I'm glad I do have a God that is with me all along the way...through every cliff moment, every jump, every crash, and every flight :) He is faithful and with me all along the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment